Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ Remote Changes
Hello,

I wanted to say I love the new updates to Virtual DJ 2024.

It's a long time coming but I'm glad that the VDJ remote has finally been updated. I do have one thing I wanted to address that has changed and hopefully it could be looked into.

Basically, what I enjoyed about the old vdj remote was that it was independent of the controller. What I didn't like about the old vdj remote app that was changed in the new was that the ipad remote apps are independent of each other. For Example. On the old VDJ remote whenever you would hit Deck A on ANY remotes you have hooked in, ALL of the VDJ Remotes change to Deck A. This appears to be fixed in the new version. Deck A and B can be independent on 2 different ipads respectively.

Now where I have an issue with the new remotes is that the remote apps are no longer independent of the primary dj controller. If I hit loops or cues or stems on the remote. The controller (in this case a DDJ Rev 1), also changes to whichever mode I change it to on the remote app. This I found to be a problem because it essentially lessens the value of the remote in the setup. I like having the ipad independent of the controller. For example, I could have hot cues mode on my remote and have stems on the ipad, or vice versa. I was wondering if the development could look into this and add that little feature back in.

Thanks to all development and the VDJ team for such a wonderful update and I look forward to more in the future.

Also thanks for integrated cloudlists as well as top song chart integrations from all streaming platforms. Great addition!

Posted Mon 06 May 24 @ 7:05 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
maybe check the setting
padsSkinIndependent

see if that helps
I keep thinking the remote needs re approaching like an auxiliary controller, most remote skins are a small version of a vdj skin that does most of everything, I think there's a trick that's been missed not focusing in on buttons & sliders for fx.
Remote skinning is pretty easy compared to gui skinning.

Posted Mon 06 May 24 @ 8:01 pm
Thanks for the response, I will give this a try.

I have used VDJ remote from the beginning and I always saw great potential but the remote skins seem to be more user created and I thought VDJ would have some options down the road that are basically just mirrors or clones of what we see on the screen.

VDJ remote is superior to Serato remote which I also use, and I actually do like, but the support for that is pretty much dead. Serato has taken so many resources from computers that certainly should be able to run said software, but you cant win em all I guess. But seeing the new features VDJ has been adding, I have been dabbling and slowly making my way back. I started digital dj on VDJ so its nice to see how far Atomix has come. I left VDJ to use Serato DJ because of the beat gridding, but stability on serato is not what it used to be in my opinion. But that beat grid feature is probably the tightest out of all of em.

VDJ Remote strength is being able to see and load tracks away from your decks. A feature that I use to this day in weddings and other gigs that require a little bit of speaking. Also a good way to free up real estate on your screen by strictly library scrolling on the ipad remote app. The remote is also a great way to save on some money on auxilliary controllers using mobile devices one probably already has. So its great to see that at the very least there was an overhaul on the default remote skin that better mimics what we see on VDJ 2024.

To anyone that hasnt tried the remote, I recommend it. Especially in this update. I'm not much of a skin creator, I just dont have the ability. My Touch OSC skins are pretty bare because Im just not that good at making them look good visually.

Sorry for the tangent but thanks for the info I'll keep update.

Posted Tue 07 May 24 @ 2:21 am
Found that setting and it worked. Was there always a setting like that that I did not know about? lol. Thanks for your help.

Posted Tue 07 May 24 @ 8:55 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Was introduced in 2019, not sure if it was harmonised with remote app then or the [recent] remote update, probably the latter.

Posted Tue 07 May 24 @ 9:12 am