Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Crashes after update.
Been a VDJ user for nearly 15 years and in all this time have never had it crash once, that was until last night during a live radio show, then it crashed twice!

It seemed to freeze with the high pitch 'squeal' through the speakers, never seen this before.

Running version v2024 b8124
Lenovo P51 i7 laptop with 16gb RAM Windows 11
All music stored locally on the device,
Pioneer DDJ-RR Controller.

Had a look at the Windows application log files, please see attached.

As I've said never come across this before and it's cast a bit of doubt over the reliabilty of VDJ.

Posted Mon 06 May 24 @ 12:20 pm
Did VDJ restart directly by itself?
If you were online there are chances the devs can get a clue what caused the crash as it send logdata.

Posted Mon 06 May 24 @ 4:49 pm
Yes, I was online but I had to restart VDJ Manually I'm afraid.

Will that prevent the devs getting the logs?

Posted Tue 07 May 24 @ 6:59 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
No crash log was recorded unfortunately

Posted Tue 07 May 24 @ 7:59 am
oh well, I'll rebuild by laptop and try a fresh install.

Posted Tue 07 May 24 @ 10:45 am
before you do anything (yes probably too late by now) was it an actual crash where the software disappeared from the screen or was it a hang where it just stopped responding? the difference is important because an actual crash will generate the crash log file and a hang will not.

and shouldn't re-install.. repair install AFTER backing up database by downloading on top of what you have from the download page and running repair install .

Posted Tue 07 May 24 @ 10:56 am
it was a hang, it also made a high pitched noise through the speakers, only way to stop it was to kill VDJ.

Posted Tue 07 May 24 @ 12:23 pm
I have been having issues with database access crashes on v8124. I run videos. I had zero problems with v8095, so I have switched back. Mine would completely close and re-open on it's own. it would be playing when it re-opened, but autoplay would be disengaged. I'm running videos in a strip club, so we're not mixing.

Posted Tue 07 May 24 @ 8:39 pm
Robsterwebb wrote :
it was a hang, it also made a high pitched noise through the speakers, only way to stop it was to kill VDJ.

I didn't get the noise. mine gave a window pop up down where you eject your usb devices. did yours say anything about accessing database?

Posted Tue 07 May 24 @ 8:44 pm